Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Presents


















For Christmas this year, Mickey built a complete workshop in my basement for me to start doing stained glass projects again. He hung and wired the lights, made me a second work tablea nd gave me a drafting table and two stools. Then he hung all the pegboards and gave me a grinder to use for my stained glass. Mimi had volunteered to have me do an Eagle in stained glass for a project at Summit School and that's what started all this. I hadn't done any projects in a long time and things have changed in the glass world since I last did anything. Now it's almost the norm to have a grinder and (if you're lucky) a band saw. Well..Mickey provided the grinder and then I caved and got a band saw. The result is this "Fairy". I never would have been able to do this without these new tools (and my beautiful "shop") They are amazing! Tomorrow I will solder this Fairy together and post a picture of the end result. 

1 comment:

  1. Thats a GREAT LOOKING shop you have there !! I wanted to do something for you and your hobby. I think your new shop will allow you to immerse yourself into stained glass heaven and bring out that talent you have!!! Can I come over and play with your cool tools ???

    ReplyDelete