Monday, January 5, 2009

Stokesdale Family Care, PC


With a HUGE amount of help from family and friends, I opened Stokesdale Family Care. We opened on June 11, 2008 which is significant for me as that was my mom's birthday. 

The planning of the office started after I graduated from Duke with my Master's in Nursing way back in 1999. I knew someday I'd have my own clinic, but just didn't know any of the particulars yet! I wanted it to be a small and inviting office where people could come and feel comfortable. I am a family nurse practitioner which means I can see and treat all ages, much like a general practitioner of days ago. I emphasize wellness and prevention of disease by counseling patients and promoting healthy lifestyles. I also treat many acute illnesses and chronic disease such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and depression to name a few. If someone comes in with a problem that falls outside my scope of practice, I will refer them to another health care provider who can help. I also utilize collaboration with my supervising MD when indicated. NP's are well known for their listening skills and ability to teach and counsel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment